Volunteering: The Key to Employee Engagement
How to create, scale and maximise employee engagement through volunteering.
The critical need for employee engagement
The competition for talent has collided with a rise in social consciousness to transform workforce expectations and drive an increasingly urgent need to improve employee engagement.
Recognising the link between volunteering and employee engagement is one thing. Activating a successful volunteering programme then requires a multifaceted strategy.
This paper explores:
- Major societal, government and environmental shifts that have driven the need for improvements in employee engagement
- The fundamentals of a great employee experience, and research on the impressive impact it can have when implemented in the right way
- How to build a volunteering programme that effectively engages employees, increases trust and boosts happiness
- Going beyond employee engagement - to the wider positive impacts volunteering can have on local communities
- Key recommendations and next steps for businesses looking to adopt employee volunteering in their own organisation
Neighbourly is a multi award-winning community investment and engagement platform, connecting businesses with thousands of local vetted good causes to make a positive and measurable impact in our neighbourhoods.
Companies including M&S, Lidl, Heineken, Aldi, B&Q, Sainsbury's, Danone, Cadent, Virgin Media 02 and Samsung use Neighbourly to donate volunteer time, funds and surplus products to causes across the UK and Ireland, through CSR, ESG and social impact initiatives.